Burp Suite is a Java application,specially designed for performing security tests and vulnerability checking. Its capacities incorporate brute force tool, spider tools, Http Request Intercepting tool, repeater tool, intruder tool, sequencer tool, and numerous others.
- Open terminal and install java (if already installed then ignore this step) using:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre
- Download BurpSuite Free Edition Linux File from https://portswigger.net/burp/communitydownload
- Now, execute the installer with the help of following command in the terminal:
sudo bash path/to/downloaded/file
- BurpSuite Setup Wizard Will Appear.
- Properly, complete the burp suite wizard and you are ready to move on.
- To Run Burp Suite, Open Your Terminal and Type:
sudo /opt/BurpSuiteFree/BurpSuiteFreeor search for BurpSuite in Menu.
- After installing the Burp Suite, you should also confirm whether it is properly configured with your browser or not. To ensure this open the Burp Suite terminal and go to Proxy > Options and check Proxy Listener section.
- If you see a table entry in the proxy listener as you can see in the image above, the configuration is correct otherwise change those settings using Edit menu.
Configure Firefox with Burp Suite
- Open the Firefox browser and go to the menu of firefox and here choose preferences > Options.
- Select General Tab and scroll down the mouse to Network Proxy Settings.
- Click on Settings button and choose the Manual Proxy Configuration option here.
- Here enter the BurpSuite listener address as you can see in the image below.
- Finally, click OK to complete the configuration.
Now, you have successfully installed and configured BurpSuite.